Open an Account Today
Open an account today and start turning your dreams into action.
The ScholarShare College Savings Plan offers you three easy ways to get started. Read the Disclosure Booklet carefully, then select how you'd like to enroll:
- Enroll Online!
Easily open an account today through the online enrollment process*.
- Download Enrollment Materials
Everything you need to open an account is right here.
- Request Enrollment Kit
Have enrollment materials mailed to you. Please allow five to seven days for delivery.
What you will need to get started:
- Participant information: The participant is the owner of an account in the Plan. They control the account; names the beneficiary, requests and directs disbursements through withdrawals and receives the account statements. You will need the participant's name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, and date of birth.
- Beneficiary information: A beneficiary is the individual who will be the future student or who will benefit from the account. You will need the beneficiary's name, address, Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, and date of birth.
- Successor Participant information: You may name a successor participant during the online enrollment process. The successor participant will become the participant in the event of the death of the participant. You will need the successor participant's name, Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, and date of birth.
- Contribution information: You can submit your initial contribution electronically from your bank account or by sending a check. If you are going to fund your initial contribution through an electronic bank draft (ACH) or establish an automatic contribution plan you will need the type of account, name of the financial institution, the institution's routing number, and your account number. You can find this information on your check (see sample).
- Investment Portfolios: Before beginning the online enrollment process, review the available investment portfolios and the Disclosure Booklet and select your investment portfolio(s).